Sushi is a great way to offer children fish or seafood. They love it, because the mixture of flavors with the rice is fabulous.
There are many ways to make sushi and many types of sushi. We offer you the recipe to make fried sushi. You can change the filling for other ingredients. In addition, it is a recipe that children can participate in.
- 2 cups of rice
- 1 avocado
- Shrimp or prawns
- smoked salmon
- Sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup of rice vinegar
- Breadcrumbs or panko bread
- Nori seaweed
Making sushi is not that complicated. It can be a way to encourage children to cook. They will like to make these delicious and healthy snacks. In addition, you can always change some of the ingredients of the filling according to the tastes of the child. If instead of seafood you prefer to use fish, keep in mind that you must freeze it beforehand to avoid any risk of contagion of anisakis.
Now, once you have gathered all the ingredients, you can start making the delicious fried sushi:
1. The most important thing is to wash the rice well. Remember that the rice used to make sushi is not normal white rice, but Japanese rice or glutinous rice. You can buy it under this name in stores. Wash the rice very well, if necessary several times. It should be without any starch.
2. Cook the rice for about 10 minutes (look at the estimated time that the brand of rice you bought tells you).
3. In a separate bowl, dissolve the sugar in the vinegar and a pinch of salt.
4. Drain the rice well and once there is no water left, pour it over the bowl with the vinegar, sugar and salt.
5. Spread the nori seaweed well and you see pouring rice on top, pressing well with your fingers so that a layer of rice remains well attached to the seaweed.
6. Now about the rice, put the filling into strips, parallel to how you are going to roll the sushi. You can choose a filling of shrimp, prawns, avocado, smoked salmon ... or mix several of these ingredients.
7. Roll the seaweed tightly to form the sushi.
8. Now comes the turn of the breading. Beat the eggs well and prepare a plate or container with flour and another with the breadcrumbs or panko bread. You must pass the roll first by flour, then by beaten egg and finally by breadcrumbs.
9. Put the breaded rolls in the refrigerator for a few minutes so that they acquire more consistency.
10. Pour the rolls into a pan with plenty of sunflower oil and keep them over medium-high heat. Take them out when they're golden and let them rest on absorbent paper.
The fried sushi rolls are ready!
You can read more articles similar to Fried sushi. Seafood recipe for the whole family, in the category of Seafood and molluscs on site.