The end of the year is approaching, and with it gifts to teachers, especially in infant and primary school stages, where teachers become a fundamental piece in the education of our children and we want to show them that we appreciate their dedication.Many parents have the doubt of whether to give gifts to their children's teachers and they wonder, this gesture ... is it a sign of affection or interest?
Gifts to children's teachers come from many years ago, especially in rural areas, in which teachers were regulated as a show of respect, (the teacher was just as important as the doctor or the mayor), and for " supplement "a poor salary. They used to be given food (some eggs from the chickens, some cherries from the garden tree ...). But now things have changed, and quite a bit. Sausages or garden products are no longer given away, expensive pens, SPA sessions or gift vouchers are given to spend in large stores.
Gifting to teachers is not bad, but you have to take care of the gift and not overdo it.
As in everything, there are always different points of view, there are teachers and families in favor and others against. Many teachers disagree with having gifts "bought" for them at the end of the course, and many feel uncomfortable receiving them. But there are also those who are grateful for the recognition of their work.
1. What to give the teacher? If we decide to give our children's teacher a gift, we must take into account that it has to be a detail, a show of affection towards the other person, and not an obligation, and that simple and "emotional" details are always better than large and expensive ones.
The important thing is that the gift in question is a detail, such as a craft, a memory of your students, but not an expensive gift, much less money, (such as a gift card for example), which can make the person uncomfortable. receives. Artisan gifts, handmade by children, are the ones that can make a teacher the most illusion, and the ones that they will surely keep all their lives.
2. Make a group or individual gift?This already depends on each one, but we can think that if we make a gift in a group, the possible differences that children may feel, (not teachers) will dissipate. Children may think that the teacher will love the child who has given the biggest and most expensive gift more, and not the one who has made the gift by hand and has cost little money.
Other times parents do not give gifts because they do not want to or for any other reason, but the children see that everyone gives away except him, and may not understand why if he loves his teacher a lot, he does not give him a gift. That is why perhaps the most appropriate thing is a gift from the whole class and not from students in particular. Thus no child feels different, because we must remember that the gift is from the children and not from the parents.
3. Some ideas to give to teachers at the end of the course can be:
- In children, when they do not yet know how to write, an album with the fingerprints or hands of all their children in finger paint, or drawings of the little ones, for example.
- A box with letters from the children or with poems or with beautiful words for the teacher.
- A group photo of your students or a collage with photos of the children.
- A story made between all the children, etc ...
- Or a box of chocolates with a "teacher we love you, thank you for your work" is also a nice touch.
The important thing, in short, is that if we make a gift, it be a sign of affection, (and not purchasing power), of appreciation to a school year of work and dedication, that is a memory of their students, if possible handmade, and of all classes and not individual students.
You can read more articles similar to Gifts to our children's teachers, show of affection or interest?, in the School / College category on site.